Friday, September 12, 2008

1st Day of School

Rue's first full day of kindergarten and first time riding "his" bus. It's about a block away from our house and I think he could tell that mom was having a hard time walking him to the stop. (apart from being due in 2 weeks and waddling everywhere I go). He held my hand and we went over what he was supposed to do at school with his indoor shoes, lunch, sweater and other routines. He was so excited for this day. I was too, until it was there. We waited for a few minutes and then saw the bus turn and head our way. As my eyes welled up he just looked at me and told me he loved me and that he would come home. I held the tears in until the bus pulled away but it wasn't easy. He's so much fun to have at home and he's so considerate and can really read me and how I'm feeling. After school I was worried that he wouldn't be on the bus at all, but there he was with big smiles and hugs for me. What a relief, day 1 over!

In the house before we left for school with his backpack on and full of all his supplies he will be needing this year for kindergarten. He thought it was a little heavy but that he had the muscles to get it to school. I can't believe I have a kid in school!
Briggs goes to pre-school at the same place where Rueger went last year and has the same teacher. It's great because he knows her well from taking Rue all last year and she knows him. He wasn't nervous to go at all and was excited to have a backpack and indoor shoes! The things that make kids happy. I switched my helper days so that I could be helper on the first day so I wouldn't have to help right when baby is due. He did so good and listened to the teacher so well. It's amazing how they listen to other people!




Doesn't he look BIG. Oh my gosh, my baby is not a baby.


It was kinda fun because they both had they're first day of school on the same day so they had a fun morning getting ready together and Rueger giving Briggs advice on pre-school. They are such good little buddies.








3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Girl I would have totally been exactly like you, eyes welling up with tears and just holding them back. Dont they grow up so fast? Good thing you are having another little bundle. Cute pic of the boys by the way. What little studs!

Anonymous said...

your doing it right, having another when they are in school so you only have one to take care of while they are gone and you can sleep if the baby sleeps!, Your boys are too cute

ec said...

becky ... your boys are so cute. they make me want one ( a boy that is ).

loving your blog! keep it up...